Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bella, Bunnies And An Ice Cream Cone

Here is the second part of our afternoon that I posted about last week...that I am finally getting around to posting....I am on vacation you know...  Aunt Gail dressed Bella up in her Easter dress to take some pictures, for which she still didn't smile, but it didn't matter, because she is beautiful just like her name says she is!





Then, upon walking out of their house to go and get ice cream, Jack and I noticed a bunny hopping around the yard.  Very Easteresque.  I thought how perfect this bunny that would have been to see and capture (on film...I mean digital image)  a half an hour before.  Jackson of course wanted to chase (and actually capture) the bunny, but I held him tight and continued toward the car, startled by the sight of four newborn rabbits on the sidewalk.  It was so sad to see those bunnies grasping for life laying on the sidewalk, but also an amazing sight.







We waited a little while to see if their mother was coming back, and when she didn't Uncle Joe called animal welfare and they came and rescued them.  The man even put those precious little babies in his shirt against his skin to keep them warm.  As, Gail said, 'that's love'.

We were all a little shaken after that, but what can you do?  When you promise a toddler ice cream, this Momma knows you better follow through.

 Bella's first ice cream cone

 mmmm.....satisfaction

 Going....

 going....


GONE.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, need to chat with you about what program you blog in. When I had the pc I used livewriter which made my pics larger. But now that I have a mac I can't use it. Do you write your posts on blogger? How do you change your picture size? So do you use iphoto and then picasa?

    ReplyDelete