Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Playin' In The Kitchen


Back, many moons ago, or maybe just a few years, I used to teach Music Together, a music class for infants and toddlers and thier mommies and daddies.  One of my favorite songs was one called 'Playin' In The Kitchen' featuring many unique and wonderful kitchenesque sounds, ie. pots, pans, spoons, tupperware....you get the idea.  Last Saturday morning (very early of course) Jackson was finished with breakfast but I was not finished with my morning clean up and needed just a few more minutes of something to keep him occupied.  In a brief flash of inspriation, (or maybe more likely one of those 'oh duh' moments) I heard the song in my mind.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, but I handed him a wooden spoon and some plastic containers.  Needless to say, I was able to finish cleaning up, take chicken out of the freezer to defrost, and take pictures to boot.  By the end of the 'free kitchen play time' though I had also come to the realization that it was really time to baby proof! 

 

 

 

1 comment: