Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Busy (And Ocasionally Messy) Bub

Today we took Jack for his nine month check up (just a little late....) and we found that although he tall, tall, tall...already 30 inches.....he has leveled out in weight at 21 lbs.  Our fabulous Dr. Gooberman says that busy babies tend to do that and he is very healthy and doing great!  A busy baby is certainly what we have here too!  It is rare that Jack sits still these days.  He is going, going.....GONE!  I'm sure all of you parents out there know all too well how fast a baby can speed crawl across the entire house and be into (destroy) everything his the path.  It also seems these days that he is just to busy to get his picture taken!

 

  



 

  

  
Ha!  Got Ya!



On a side note, a quick funny story:

The Law of Attraction is working it's magic in our lives lately.  If you are unfamiliar with it I recommend reading the book 'The Secret'.  Much goodness has surrounded us lately and I am so thankful! Generally lately I have been really good about staying postive and appreciative but in a moment of stressed out weakness this is what happened.....

Jack and I sat down and cuddled up together in his chair to have our favorite story time.  About half way through Dr. Suess's ABC's I thought to myself 'wow Jack is really focused on the story.  He is even letting me read the whole page before he turns it', then I smelled it.  'Ok, no biggie.' I thought.  'I'll just change his diaper when we are finished'.  Then I felt it.  I looked down and saw that my shirt was slightly wet.  'Ok time to get changed now before the mess gets bigger.'  So, I proceed to change a very wiggly baby's diaper (which, if you have ever had the pleasure of doing for a strong-willed baby approaching one year old then you might be able to see where this is going).  Not so bad at first, I mean it really didn't look like that much poop.  In my defense, the front of the diaper was totally clean.  So, I slide the other diaper under ready for the wipe down and as I lift him up to do so I am confronted with the biggest predicament I have been faced with as a parent.  There is poop EVERYWHERE.  All the way up his back, on his arms, legs, hair and quickly migrating to....well EVERYWHERE.  I totally panicked (Lauren, I thought of you right away with the Proudie incident), but then I managed to quickly scoop up my very messy, very poopy Bub and set him in the tub.  No water, still fully clothed, and apparently very shocking to him which led to some tears.  Once I managed to get all of his VERY POOPY clothes off, we had one tub full of, well let's just say we needed to run a second bath......  The good news?  At the end of this I had a very happy, clean baby who thought it was great to take a bath in the middle of the day (don't get any ideas kid!), and I had to laugh at myself.  Whatever I had been stressing about earlier seemed so insignificant at that point and I suddenly felt such a strong feeling of gratitude that I had this moment with my son.  Not the I EVER need it to happen again........and a question for all the Mommies.....how long does it take for the smell to be wiped from your memory? 

 
What is that smell?

3 comments:

  1. Gross! Hilarious!

    Once I just threw away a onesie Milo was wearing it was so pooped up. You have such a funny take on it. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that post brought back memories! My kids have done this out and about...once it was during a lunch outing with friends who were visiting us from afar. Let's just say they STILL do not have children...not sure if we had a hand in that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lauren! Oh the things that us Mommies endure! I am so a fan of oxyclean. I feel like even though it may be harsh, it is the only thing that really gets out the poopy stains!

    ReplyDelete