Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pioneer of the Nile




This weekend we celebrated Grace's First Holy Communion and spent the day with many friends and family members. It also happened to be the day of the Kentucky Derby. Frank, in the spirit of anything sports related, decided that he would organize and take/place bets for the big race (the shortest ~~and my favorite~~ of all sporting events). Needless to say we all were pretty hopeless when it came to betting on the ponies. Most of us, especially the girls, of course picked based on the name of the horse. Some favorites: Mr. Hot Stuff (of course) and Chocolate Candy (who doesn't like that?). I also just randomly happened to choose Pioneer of the Nile because I was told to bet my $20 on 3 horses. Now I can certainly say that it is obvious no one really new what they were doing if ..... I was the big winner of the day!!! Pretty funny. Even though I won a whopping $33, it is definitely something to be proud of (at least for me!) We have a start to Jackson's college fund!!!! In honor of the Derby, Linda, Betty and Kim started making the traditional hat with a slightly untraditional twist...thank goodness for all of the ribbons and wrapping from the Communion gifts! Here are some photos...Enjoy! Oh...and a couple of Jack because he is just so cute (The outfit? Complements of Colleen!)





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Love the hats. Too funny! And of course I LOVE his outfit. How many weeks is he now? Not too much longer and he will have his little cousin to play with.

    ReplyDelete