Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Did he grow overnight?

Did he grow overnight? If you ask me, I would say the answer is a resounding YES! Everyday that we wake up I look at him while he is eating and I swear that his head is bigger than when he went to sleep. It's amazing to watch our little guy get bigger literally by the day! Maybe it is not happening overnight, but week to week we are seeing noticeable changes. Jack just started wearing 3 month clothes in the last 2 weeks, and already, some are getting a little snug or short in the arms and legs!

Here are some pictures taken about 8 weeks apart -- the first at 2 weeks and the second at 10 weeks -- hard to believe!





Other news...We moved Jack out of his co-sleeper that was in our bed (he literally out-grew that too) to the pack n' play, right next to the bed. You might think...oh that's nothing....but I bet many of you first time Mommies will agree, it was hard! Although I don't miss sleeping on a tiny sliver of the bed, I miss being able to lay in bed and gaze at my sleeping baby. It was so easy to pick him up in the middle of the night at the first sign of a sound to feed him. So, what do I do? When he wakes up now I am not so quick to put him back in his comfy little pack n' play. I have found many comfortable ways to sleep while holding him, and surprisingly, we both seem to be getting restful sleep. I guess it is a process, that little thing called letting go, as is the rest of growing up! What am I going to do when he goes to school????

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT LAST SHOT OF HIM YAWNING! (or starting to cry). It is so hard to make those transitions. Believe it or not I had the hardest time with Ben! My mohter literally came and took the bassinet away as he was WAY to big for it! I will sheepisly admit he was almost five mos! But somehow we were in denial and couldn't see it! I still miss the baby box days too!...And "sleeping" with the warm little lump in your arms. *sigh*
    Glad Lauren is giving me a baby to hold soon!!

    ReplyDelete