Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Milkies

This post has been inevitable for a very long time.  I had to find the right way to write about the essence of our beginning and a core value in our family.  Around a year old Jackson started calling any and all things *breast related "milkies".   *bras in the lingerie section of target, the chest region of a gorilla at the zoo....you name it....

To him, milkies, are such an important part of his world.  They sustained his life for the year (or so) and have been a great source of comfort and of course conversation in our day to day lives. 

I really wasn't sure how to approach this topic here, or even if I wanted to.  It has been a very private and personal part of our lives and I wasn't sure I ever really wanted to share.....until today.

This pretty much sums it up!



We are who we are and I am choosing to be proud of my parenting choices!  For more information on this topic look here.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Though our "Nanny" (aka "milkies") days are coming to a close at the ripe old age of 30mos...he still nurses for comfort, nothing works as well, and I wouldn't change our choice for anything in the world...bravo to you and to Jackson for being such a smart little man! Hope to see you guys soon at LLL...Erica.

    ReplyDelete