Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!


We are in the midst of our first heat wave here. Well maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but it did hit 90 degrees over the last couple of days, and for May, that is way to hot for me! Without air conditioning in my classroom, I come home in a daze and try to remain as still as I can for the remainder of the evening. I can tell you with a two year old that is virtually impossible!

We have found a few ways to beat the heat though. Jackson has been LOVING his 'baby pool' as well as his buddy Shea's pool.










And yesterday in a unexpected and actually relaxing shopping trip to target -courtesy of Babci and Dziadzi agreeing to babysit- Frank I spied a family size blowup pool perfect for splashing in our yard (actually I feel like it could fit the entire neighborhood and is utterly ridiculous, but that is what an hour of adult shopping in the heat will do to you). I was really only looking for a pool slightly bigger than the one we had, another plastic one but this time large enough to put in his slide and allow him to slide down with a little room. Instead, Frank sees this mammoth inflatable pool, on sale of course, and just could not resist. I have to admit it is really fun. We all are having a blast with it. And, at the end of the summer when we have patches of dead grass and dirt and have to re-seed, I will think of all the joy that this little (huge) pool has brought (in a moment of ingenious heat stroke) and all will be alright with the world.

 Babci in the pool

 I have to be able to laugh at my ridiculous self....


No comments:

Post a Comment