Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

18 Month Update And So Mulch More

 On Tuesday I took Jackson to the doctor for his 18 month well visit.  Some stats to share:

25.4 lbs (50th %)        
38 in  (75th %)
10 teeth (mouth full of molars bulging)

The doctor visit is always a bit of  a conundrum for me.  I am always excited to go and find out how Jackson has grown and progressed since our last visit but I always find myself asking the same question (to myself) after it is over....does this doctor have ANY clue who we are?  I swear since day one he has used the same "script" during our visit....complete with the same "beep beep" to Bert's nose at the end (Bert is an overused and seemingly incredibly germy finger puppet that each baby and toddler has chewed on ad nauseum...Jack lovingly refers to Bert as "berteeeernie"). Thorough?  Yes.   Convenient and close to home?  Double yes.  Condescending?  Sadly I have to say yes.  I completely understand that he is just trying to do his job but is it really necessary to tell me four or five times during the visit that I must make sure that I am stimulating my exceptionally bright child while only to then actually give examples of what I might like to do with him, ie: sing the ABC's...um....duh.  Oh yeah and also I am not allowed to give him treats before dinner. 

Anywho, Jackson is doing just great and that is all that really matters I suppose! 


Here are some pictures from the tail end of summer, enjoying the good life.







And, Jackson has now officially graduated from sticks to mulch.  Loves, loves, loves his mulch.

See how happy it makes him?

Here Mom.  Want some?



Who me?

No comments:

Post a Comment