Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

End of Summer, A New Beginning

The last day of summer vacation is a hard reality.   Tomorrow brings uncertainty, unknown... I will remind myself to look at it as a new adventure.  I am saddened that I will not be returning to direct the middle school choir this year, but I am excited (and nervous) to direct the high school choral program.  Big changes, big responsibility....  I am drawing on the positive and I know it will be a good year.

Just as so many changes are occurring, I take comfort in the familiar.  Jackson will be returning to Bebe's, to see old friends and, as he said "eat yummy lunches, like Arthur Loops".  (His favorite organic spaghetti O's).  I will enjoy seeing and having coffee (or my dreaded green tea - blah) with amazing co-workers each morning (THANK GOD that's not changing yet)!

Although I am not ready for summer to end, I look forward to a new school year.  New possibilities, new students, new challenges, new adventure.  As we all take a few weeks to adjust, I must remind myself of the amazing family, job and life that I have!


Goodbye Summer....



No comments:

Post a Comment