Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Party Time Take #2

I am still in shock that Jackson is two.  Maybe it's because I was so busy preparing for my spring musical that I didn't have time to really fixate on the fact that he is absolutely not a baby any longer, but a big boy doing many, many, many big boy things.  I am amazed and in awe of who our son is becoming, his own person, unquestionably decisive, but yet so kind and caring, with a sense of humor that makes us all laugh.  I know I am gushing but, hey....isn't that what Mom's do?

This year we asked Jackson what type of birthday party he would like to have, to which he quickly responded "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" (decisive)!  So Mickey Mouse Clubhouse it was.  This year was especially fun because he really seemed to get the concept of the birthday party being his own and he LOVED that. 

He had a fantastic time at his party, as did all attending, thanks to Daddy's smart thinking to celebrate my birthday too with a wine and chocolate tasting.  It was really a perfect second birthday party.  And now what you have been waiting for I'm sure.....

The pictures:

 Jackson's Clubhouse

 getting ready for the party

 don't laugh at my cake.....

 kissing sweet Bella hello

 Mimi Mouse!

 Jack loves his Ella

 pin the bone on Pluto


 the old standby:  it's my party and I'll cry if I want to

They played football while....

 Jackson played in the car


We were all ears





And then there was cake









And then after the sugar crash



It was a great party!  Thank you to our friends and family that celebrated with us!


And thank you too to my wonderful son and husband for the delicious gluten free cupcakes!  
I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment