Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

I am finally getting around to posting this......as previously written last week!

This past weekend my students performed the Disney musical Beauty and the Beast.  I was the vocal director for the show and it was a undertaking that I thought might break my sanity at given moments.  (The kids were awesome, it was more trying to balance work, practice, mommying, keeping our house in some kind of order, and getting a little sleep every so often).  Though having a little guy at home did increase the stress a bit for me, I must say that it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career thus far.  I love, love, love being a music teacher.  I have been so incredibly blessed to be able to work with such amazing colleagues, students, parents, and support staff.  This show was special from the beginning in so many ways, even more than I or anyone could know!  The stars aligned and we were able to cast the show *perfectly*.  Literally.  The kids were so incredible to work with and were EVERYTHING that you would want in any cast in any show.  They were amazingly talented, yet humble, kind to other students, took direction extremely well and gave 110% throughout it all.

Now that it is all over, I can sit back and remember that this is why I wanted to teach.  I wanted to inspire and give something special to my students.  I think that we achieved that this year.  Jay (the director and my awesome co-worker) and I have made our best effort to make this the most positive experience that could be and I am so proud of what we were able to accomplish!

The show was amazing from acting and singing, to costumes and sets.  It was more than amazing, it was magical.  A theater critic came to just watch the show (not to review it) and said that it was unlike anything he had ever seen at the middle school level and that it moved him to tears.  Such a huge accomplishment!  Well Joe, you were not alone.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the house....at least not mine!

Mary as Belle

her very proud teacher

the sillies

the "leads" making one little girl's birthday party very very special!

There were hundreds, maybe thousands of pictures taken from the show.  Since it was so hard to choose I am posting the link below so that if you are interested you can look through them!  


I am so, so, so, so, SO VERY PROUD of a job extremely well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment