Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?




Apparently my son...but more about that later! Weeks ago I had received an e-mail about a pumpkin festival in Moorestown and, being the fall lover that I am, I decided it would be a perfect Saturday outing. Envisioning pumpkins galore and lots of fall festivities I did not want to pass it up. I thought I had even convinced Frank to join us (somehow he got out of this one too). Upon pulling up to the location I had to laugh at myself and my grand delusions of what I thought we would experience. Instead of fall foliage, steaming apple cider, and hoards of pumpkins, I saw a couple of tents set up with sand art and a few lone jack-o-lanterns on the railing of a deck. Even though I felt dissapointment looming, I didn't let it get the best of me. My friend Lyndsey, her daughter Madison, Jack and I still had a great time admiring artwork and more carved pumpkins inside of the community house. We even had the opportunity to dress up and get a picture taken. After deciding on our theme, Little Red Riding Hood/Feather Boa and the Big Bad Wolf, I retrieved my sleepy son from his stroller and we all sat down for the picture. I'm not sure if it was the hat I put on his head, the wolf costume I was wearing or the fact that I picked him up at all, but he wasn't liking the picture taking part of our day. The good news? He was back asleep in less than 2 minutes! I am currently on the lookout for any autumn inspired activities...any suggestions???




No comments:

Post a Comment