Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Sleepless Nights

OK...I have to admit, I have had a rather easy baby and as a result have not had to endure the horror stories that other Mommies are talking about...until last night. I am feeling extremely tired and frustrated caused by the lack of sleep from the previous two nights. Saturday night I thought was just a fluke, with Jack waking up about once an hour all night long. But last night?....I don't know if I can survive it again. He was literally up ALL NIGHT LONG until about 5 am, when he finally fell asleep and ironically enough I needed to get up for work. The crazy part is that I have no idea why this is happening. Maybe teeth, maybe hitting a milestone (crawling very soon), maybe just wanting Mommy (not Daddy...of course in the middle of the night he wouldn't want to disturb Daddy) who knows. As my friend Carla says.."you just do it"....well she is right...I am "just doing it" but I feel like a walking zombie. Perfect timing for Halloween. Any suggestions for getting a 7 month old to sleep through the night? Or at least only wake up once or twice? HELP ME!


"The Good Old Days"

2 comments:

  1. I am really without advice. All four of mine were different and had these periods at different ages for different reasons. The only real advise I have is don't look at it like its forever. Eventually they all sleep through the night. Hang in there. I love your last few posts. It's been insane here too, hopefully we are getting into a routine so I can return to posting! Can't wait to see you on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help as well, but I'm afraid I am the last person you want to ask... Milo woke up several times each night until he was about 1 1/2 years old! Some nights were good, some horrible, but it is really true that it doesn't last long. It may seem like it now, but he will work through whatever it is. Just try to hang in there, and take a nap whenever you get the chance (not much chance, I know...). I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete