Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Johnson's Farm

Last weekend, (I know I am still a little behind) my friend Gail and I took the kids to Johnson's Farm for the day.  If you live in the South Jersey Area and you have never been, then I do believe that you are really missing out.  Even though it is a VERY commercialized farm (and a little pricey) it is totally worth it to go and check it out.  There is SO MUCH for the kiddies and adults a like.  Playground, animal feeding barnyard, splash pad, beach sandbox, discovery barnyard and play area, hayride, any kind of "picking" you can imagine (we picked strawberries) and a wonderful fresh farm store that features anything from the farm and beyond that you heart desires.  We easily spend a few hours enjoying all of the fun and then had a delicious lunch before Bella was ready to nap!



First the hayride, where one certain kid just couldn't leave the hay alone, and got Mommy yelled at by the tractor driver...(well more like scolded).



 Hey! I have hay on me!


We got off of the hayride (THANK GOODNESS) to pick some of the most delicious red plump sun warmed strawberries.  They were so good, more eating was done by me some than picking.







 An inherited love of strawberry snacking





After a ride back to the farm Jackson found a cool spot in a pile of sandy dirt to keep himself occupied while I paid for our strawberries.


So obviously clean up was the next logical thing to do which ended up being great fun for two kids who could easily reach the sinks.



By the time we got to the play area, the sun was blaring and my toddler was running so my camera took a break. 


Finally we cooled off with some fun at the splash pad and little shopping from the farm market for lunch.


All in all, a perfect way to spend a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon!  Thanks to Aunt Gail for being amazing and suggesting this awesome outing!  We certainly will be heading there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment