Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Hair Cut

This first hair cut thing?  Who would have thought it would be such a big deal?  For us (for Jackson) it was loooooooooooong over due.  He has had these few long hairs, one in particular, that would fall in his face and eyes.  It never really seemed to bother him, and I just got used to pushing it over to the side, but it really, REALLY, bothered Frank who threatened to cut his hair on his own for the last month or two.  So finally last night, when I thought the threat was real enough, I decided it was time.  I'm not sure if it was my mommy instinct or my need to feel in control about the way his hair looks (there is a long history to this inner need I feel to be the, as my mother used to say, "Fashion Police"), but in any case I was not going to wait any longer to see what Frank deemed appropriate for our son to sport as his new "look".  So, with scissors in hand, and with a small bribe to watch Dora (a rare treat), I was ready.

Some "before" shots:

 if you look closely you will see that *one* hair

 just a little shaggy

ok, ok he does need a trim

Intent on watching 'Dora', he barely noticed as I made one swift cut.  Frank held those few fine baby hairs of his first hair cut in his hands while I got the baggie to keep them in where they would stay barely noticeable to the naked eye, but making all the difference in the world to me.  I feel such a mix of emotions about this first hair cut.  The expected sentimental feelings, but honestly, what was I waiting for?????    He looks so damn cute it is crazy!


 again...what was I waiting for?

handsome

 proud of his baggie of barely there hair

Now I can see Dora!

I keep reminding myself that it is the little things in life that matter so greatly.  This is one of them.

1 comment:

  1. You and Lauren are both so brave! I have to admit I have never cut any of my kids hair. Afraid I'll poke there eye out. But geez, think of all the money I could save if I learned. =)

    BTW, Jack just gets cuter everyday!!!!

    ReplyDelete