Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Escape Artist

One morning, not so long ago, I was awoken from my slumber to hear a babe playing.... downstairs.... in the living room....WTF?   Alas, this is not even the beginning of the story.  A few weeks before I should have seen what was about to become....the reality of our lives.

The beginning (of this particular story):
About a month ago (or so) I was showering when I heard a knock at the door.  Thinking it was Frank, I yelled an exasperated WHAT?!@#!$? (shower time = a few precious moments to oneself).  No answer, then knock again.  Then a "Mommy?"....WTF?  The last I knew my child was sound asleep in the comfort and safety of his crib.  'Hmmm....it can't be....' I thought to myself.  Not only would he had to have climbed out of his crib, but also open the door...neither he was capable of.....OR SO I THOUGHT.

A week (or so) passes and there are no incidents.  'Maybe he forgot, or it was just a fluke' I thought.  'Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Right Mom, right....that's right....I forgot......(insert sarcasm here)'.  Not only did he remember, but he was secretly climbing in and out of his crib.....he just refused to do it in front of anyone.

Until one day..............









 and he's out!

And now?  Well, there is obviously no stopping him!


2 comments:

  1. Oh.... noooooo!!! So hard. Milo never climbed out of his. He got kicked out by a baby brother, but it was still quite a lot of putting him back into his toddler bed again, and again, and again. So it begins... good luck, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he does it safely! It looks like the bumpers give him a leg up!!

    ReplyDelete